Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Now that Halloween is past, we have entered my FAVORITE time of the year--the holiday season!
Unfortunately, with all the holidays--Halloween. . .Thanksgiving. . Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa. . .New Year's--there is also plenty of candy, sweets and food, which CAN mean extra pounds if you aren't careful. In fact, people often gain more weight during "the holidays" than they do the rest of the year.
So, what can you do to make sure you enjoy the season, but don't look like Santa when you're done? Here are some ideas:
1. Be physically active. ANY kind of movement counts, even walking the dog, sweeping, and taking out the trash. Of course, more intense activity will help burn off that extra piece of candy, but as long as you move, you can't go wrong!
2. Enjoy the sweets, but take it easy. Don't make an entire meal of M&Ms or Snickers. Have one (or two) a day and continue to eat healthy (more on that in another blog!).
3. Drink lots of water. It's cheap, has no calories, and fills you up so you won't be tempted to snack.
Over the next few weeks, until the New Year, I'll be sharing some other ideas on how to get or keep your body fit and trim. Stay tuned!
Here's a question. See if you know the answer: What year did people begin to celebrate Kwanzaa? Post your answer!

21 comments:

  1. Thnx for the info Mr. Gang. See ya tommorow ok.

    first comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr.gang I am sorry I couldnt find answer but I will tell my favorite month it is summer.It is summer because that was the month of my birth.So see ya From Fremont

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Mr.gang I'm WonBin shin in From Fremont Mrs.downer class i get the answer and the year was 1966.And my favorite month is August because that month is when i born.So see ya.


    third comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey wassup mr gang. the kwanzaa question was pretty hard to answer but i finally i found the answer. this is what i found in wikipedia.Kwanzaa consists of seven days of celebration, featuring activities such as candle-lighting and pouring of libations, and culminating in a feast and gift giving. It was created by Ron Karenga and was first celebrated from December 26, 1966, to January 1, 1967.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey mr gang its andrew shin from fremont again. i cant wait until tomorrow. so wat are we gonna play? well thanks for the info. cya tomorrow.



    -I rock!!!!!!!!!-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and Mr Gang, check out my profile:
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/14013568260750983887



    Name: Jeremiah Ancheta
    Teacher: McCabe
    School: Edison Elementary
    When is our P.E Day: Monday&Wednesday&Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1960...........................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mr. Gang, Today at my pacer test check I got the highest in my class. Angel almost beat me by 1 lap.



    Name: Jeremiah Ancheta
    Teacher: McCabe
    School: Edison Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JENNIE GARCIA
    CERRITOS ELEMETARY
    MR.VERUCRUS

    It was first celebrated on december 26,1866 to january 1,1967.It was created by ron karenga


    ps: why am i telling you this if im tell you at pe any ways oh well so you wont forget

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Mr.Gang its Arman from Mrs. Jordan's class. I've been limiting myself on the halloween candy. i eat about 1, rarly 3 a day, and I exercise everyday.

    I think Kwanzaa was first celebrated in 1966 as an African-american holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. MIkaela Penarroyo
    Mr.Chui
    Rm 203
    4th grade

    That ? is hard. On wikipeda it said that a guy named ron karenga first started kwanzaa in 1966

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still can't do more than 1 push-up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's our next check test?
    (I HOPE IT'S THE PUSH-UP TEST)
    10 MIN AGO I COULD ONLY DO 1 NOW I COULD DO 2

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was first celebrated from December 26, 1966, to January 1, 1967.
    I think.......
    btw [by the way] its
    Cindy de Mira
    from Cerritos Elementary School
    Room 226
    Mrs. Stokes Class!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi mr.gang!!!
    i thought that ur newest blog was great!
    it started off like an essay so it helped the readers (who read it) write better and think outside the box.
    btw: the answer to the problem is 1966

    JOHN C. FREMONT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
    MRS. JORDON
    I AM ALYSSA KIM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mr. Gang.
    The answer to your question is the year 1966.

    NAME:Naomy
    SCHOOL:Fremont
    TEACHER:Mrs. Stedman

    ReplyDelete
  18. Name Juho
    School Fremont
    Teacher Mrs.Wray
    I think the answer to that is 1966

    ReplyDelete